The best recipe for peanut butter chocolate chip cookies that are ooey-gooey and super sweet! This recipe is easily adaptable to your tastes and super easy & quick to make. This is sure to be a new favorite for the whole household!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies
I have a serious sweet tooth and I’m always on the lookout for new cookie recipes. Some of my favorite cookies include chocolate chip and oatmeal scotchies, so I wondered how I could make a cookie that would combine the best of both worlds. I thought to take the base of the chocolate chip cookie recipe and add peanut butter and butterscotch chips!
This recipe is super sweet, and can easily be adapted to your tastes if you don’t want such a sweet cookie. These are a must try if you love peanut butter, chocolate chips, or butterscotch chips!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These cookies are ultra sweet and make the perfect weekday treat!
- They are super easy to make, total cooking time is only about 20 minutes.
- This is a unique take on a chocolate chip cookie with peanut butter & butterscotch added!
To Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies You Will Need:
- Butter – This recipe calls for salted butter, softened at room temperature.
- Sugar – You will need brown sugar & white sugar for this recipe. Light or Dark brown sugar can be used.
- Peanut Butter – Creamy peanut butter adds a ton of flavor to these cookies.
- Eggs – Eggs bind all the ingredients together.
- Vanilla Extract -To add that perfect vanilla flavor to the cookie base.
- Flour – Make sure to use all purpose flour and not self rising. I like to use Gold Medal.
- Baking Soda – This helps the cookies rise in the oven.
- Salt – This brings out the flavor in the chocolate and the peanut butter!
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips – You can swap this out for dark chocolate chips for a less sweet flavor.
- Butterscotch Chips – Adds a sweet flavor.
How To Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl cream the butter until it is soft and smooth. Add brown sugar & white sugar and combine well, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl as the mixture will run up the sides.
- Add creamy peanut butter and mix well.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract making sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine your dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda) an mix until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing slowly to incorporate. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to mix well.
- Add Chocolate chips and butterscotch chips making sure not to overmix.
- Using a cookie scoop add the dough to the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven for 11 minutes, cookies will look puffy when you take them out but they will flatten as they cool.
- Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- I like to enjoy these cookies when they are warm and super ooey-gooey! If you prefer a more chewy cookie that isn’t gooey let these cool at least 15 minutes before enjoying.
- If you don’t want your cookies to be super duper sweet cut down the chocolate chips & butterscotch chips from 2 cups each to 1 1/4 cups or semi-sweet chocolate chips can be substituted with dark chocolate chips.
- Peanut Butter can easily be left out of this recipe for those with allergies and will still be super delicious!
- This makes a lot of cookies (~34). This recipe can easily be halved or quartered.
Peanut butter Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies
- 2 Sticks Butter salted, softened (1 cup)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar light or dark
- ¾ Cup White Sugar
- ¾ Cup Peanut Butter Creamy
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 Cups Butterscotch Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer beat together 2 sticks of butter until smooth (~3 minutes), scraping the sides of the bowl to mix.
- Add 1 cup brown sugar & ¾ cup white sugar. Beat for ~3 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl to mix.
- Add ¾ creamy peanut butter & mix well.
- Add 2 eggs and 1 ½ Tsp vanilla extract & mix well, scraping the sides of the bowl to mix.
- Combine dry ingredients (2 Cups Flour, 2 Tsp Baking soda, 1 Tsp Kosher Salt) in a separate bowl until well combined. Add combined dry ingredients to the stand mixer bowl and mix well, scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Add 2 Cups chocolate chips and mix (do not overmix).
- Add 2 Cups butterscotch chips and mix (do not overmix).
- Using a 2 inch cookie scoop add dough to prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies at 350℉ for 11 minutes, cookies will flatten as they cool.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy! I personally love to eat these fresh out of the oven when they are still ooey-gooey!
Shop This Post:
- Food Network Bakeware Set
- Softworks Cookie Scoop
- Parchment Sheets
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer
- KitchenAid Glass Bowl
- Half Gallon Cookie Jar
- Pantry Labels